Sunday, July 16, 2006

Barcelona #1: My Señora/Housing


¡Hola!

Well I have moved from the hotel into a flat for the remainder of my time in Barcelona. My señora´s name is Sra. Carmen Queralto. We live fairly close to the city center off of the Entença metro stop for those of you familiar with Barcelona at all. To get to class I take the Blue line for two stops, transfer at Diagonal and get on the Green line to Plaça de la Catalunya. From here I have about a 5 minute walk to class.
Anyways, my room overlooks the Jardínes de Montserrat, which is a small park/garden area. There is also a Chinese girl who is teaching/studying here who lives in our apartment, but she leaves July 12th. Dinner is served everynight from 9:30-10, but more on the food later.
My señora is very nice and she will randomly clean or leave me folded laundry. We have talked politics, weather, travel, etc. She definately will speak her mind as the term and concept of PC (politically correct) is not well known. She has lived in Catalonia her whole life so she has taught me a lot and given me advice. It´s crazy to think that she has lived through a dictatorship, it must be so weird for her now to host students from all over the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters