Monday, July 31, 2006

Leaving Barcelona

As hard as it was, today I left Barcelona to travel to Vienna. But of course in true Barcelonian form, there was of course some excitement. The day before my flight was scheduled to leave, Air Iberian workers went on strike. Normally this would just affect that airline's flights, but the workers oiled up the tarmack and lit it on fire. This meant that the whole airport had to close. I did however make it to Vienna with only a small delay and long lines. My bags on the other hand didn't.

Now that I have more time and will be traveling I will attempt to update this thing some more, stay tuned.

Anyways, my night in Vienna was alright. It poured rain all night which through my sightseeing plans off, but after being in Barcelona for over a month, it was nice to feel rain for once and tempertatures that reach cooler than 30 Degrees C. Nevertheless, I was able to walk around the beautiful old town area and see the Hapsburg Palace and Stephensplatz Cathedral.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters