Friday, August 11, 2006

Voyage to Portugal

Well we are still in Istanbul, but tomorrow we travel to Lisbon. Yesterday as I'm sure many of you heard, a terrorist plot was thwarted in London. Of course there were stict security measures enforced to those flights that did make it out today. Of course too, I fly out of Heathrow tomorrow en route to Lisbon. İ'll let everyone know how it goes once I arrive safely in Portugal.

Besides that headache, our trip here in Turkey has been great. We have: visited the largest and most important mosques in town, taken a ferry ride up the Bosphorus to the Black Sea, walked around the Asian side, visited the Beğoylu neighborhood, seen the Aya Sofia, Whirlıng dervishes, Basilica cistern, shopped at the Spice and Grand Bazaars and more. All in all a great trip, I hope tomorrow isn't too bad, but we will see. Word has it that there are no carry-ons allowed, only glasses, medicine and travel documents in a clear plastic bag, hope they don't lose my luggage again!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt,

I hope you make it through Heathrow without too much delay. I really appreciate your updates, especially now that everyone is trying to converge in Portugal. Please let us know if and when everyone makes it there!

Jack

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters