Thursday, August 03, 2006

Journey to Croatia

Well, after lots of anxiety and phone calls, my bag finally arrived at my hostel in Budapest. The staff at this hostel have been extremely helpful and I'm relieved to have my bag back. I didn't, however, let this stop me from seeing the city. I climbed up this mountain, Castle Hill, in the morning for some great views. I then walked to Parliament, St. Stephen's Basilica, and the Great Synagogue. I had dinner again on Vaci street, the Pearl St. of Budapest, and hit the sack early to catch the train to Zagreb.
The train was okay. We passed this large lake in Southwestern Hungary that many Hungarians like to flock to on the weekends. Once in Zagreb I threw my luggage in a locker and started to walk around. Again I was unlucky with the weather as it downpoured for over an hour. I still was able to see many sights in the city, which is starting to rival Prague and Budapest as the most touristed city in Eastern Europe. Then I hopped on a bus to the airport to catch my flight to Dubrovnik later that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters