Monday, August 14, 2006

All in Portugal


Well after flying through the eye of the storm (AKA London Heathrow) and weathering it, I made it to Lisbon without much trouble. I had to be screened three separate times at Heathrow and all I had was a clear plastic bag with my glasses, wallet and passport in it, but I made it safely to Portugal and all 3 of my checked bags made it as well. I do admit it was pretty funny walking around Terminal 1 in Heathrow seeing people carrying only a clear plastic baggy with their essentials in it.
Once in Lisbon, Bob and I had to pickup the rent-a-car and navigate through the small windy Portugeuse roads to Sintra, a small town up in the hills. Eventually, we found our villa and the street that it occupies which none of the locals who we stopped and asked seemed to even know existed. Once we were there it was worth my long boring day of travel. Stepping into the house was like stepping into the 17th Century, with rooms hidden everywhere and pots and such hanging from the ceiling of this old residence. We woke up the Grandparents to say hi and we saw my Mom, Dave and Clare before calling it a night. I was ready for some sleep because of the sheer boredom of my trip. No books, magazines, pens or iPods can really do that to ya. But at least now I know the safety card of the Boeing 737 cover to cover by heart. Oh well, at least we are all here now and I am looking forward to a week of relaxing before I have to go back to 'reality.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters