Thursday, August 17, 2006

Selling out before returning home

Well as you can see just above this post, there is a new lovely addition to the blog...Google ads! As I begin to order books and shell out money for the fall semester along with spending an entire summer in Europe I have realized that I'm broke. By adding just a small eyesore to my blog I can make some dough so that Google can advertise. While I'd rather not resort to that, my checking account tells me I need to. Sorry!
(Update: Feb. 20, 2007 - I disabled the Google ads due to a lack of traffic. If I travel again sometime soon I will start a new blog and possibly reactivate them, but for now with such little activity, I'd rather keep the presentation nice.)

In other news, our time in Portugal here has been very nice. On Tuesday we went up North along the coast to visit a colleague of Grandpa's, Joao. His family prepared an incredible meal at his beach house as our family joined his for the afternoon. Little Jack was happy fishing in the Lagoon, Maddy laying on the beach, the rest of the family talking with Joao's family and reading and it seemed that for once on our trip everyone was satisfied, imagine that. We told Joao that we might have to come back very soon...maybe sooner than we think...maybe before we leave Portugal.

Anyways, tomorrow is our last day in Sintra before heading into Lisbon. The Grandparents leave for England Saturday morning to visit with the Holts. Sunday morning my mom and Bob take off and I will spend the day with Dave, Clare and the kids before my flight to Milan later that night. Sunday night I will spend in Milan's Malpensa Airport, unfortunately, because this is the most convenient option for me. My flight back to the states is early Monday morning to Boston. After a 3.5 hour layover in Boston I finally will fly back to Denver (safely and with all of my luggage of course), thus ending my 2+ month excursion in Europe. Can't wait to share photos, stories and gifts with everyone! Talk to you all soon back in the States~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters